A week before Rath Yatra, MoS Home Jadeja reviews security preparations, walks on sensitive section of yatra routeJuly 07, 2018
A week before the 141st Jagannath Rath Yatra in Ahmedabad, during which over 25000 security personnel will be deployed, Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja today took stock of the security preparedness.
Jadeja held meetings with crime branch and other police officilas and also visited sensitive areas on the Rath Yatra route.
The MoS also offered prayers in the Jagannath temple in Jamalpur area of the city. He then went to Dariyapur police station in one of the most sensitive areas on the Yatra route. He also walked on-foot till Tambu Chowki on the route to physically examine the security preparations for one of the most crowd pulling events in the city.
Talking to newsmen later Jadeja said that for the security purposes on the 22 km long Yatra route over 25000 security personnel would be deployed this time around. The whole route during with over a dozen elephants and 101 trucks would be included would be kept under electronic surveillance throught various means and control room.
The Yatra would be taken out on July 14, the Ashadi beej day of Gujarati calendar, this year.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel