India’s first double stacked dwarf container train flagged off from Kanalus private rail siding of RILJuly 07, 2018
Jamnagar: The first ever “Double Stacked Dwarf Container” rake over Indian Railways was run by Western Railways from a private siding near Kanalus station in Jamnagar district for Rewari today . Dwarf containers are designed as innovative model of delivery over conventional containers as they have less height than ISO Container.
According to Railways, double stacked Dwarf containers are very suitable for commercially viable transportation for light to medium heavy commodities such as Petrochemicals products (polyethylene, Plastic Granules, PVC, Polyester Fabric, Auto Cars etc).
At present, Moti Khavdi based Reliance Industries Ltd plans to load 2-3 rakes per months of double stacked dwarf containers from its private rail siding near Kanalus station to Rewari carrying Poly Propylene Granules. Western Railways will get an additional traffic and revenue of Rs.18.50 Lakhs/rake, said a note issued by Railways.
- Airtel says its 4G network now covers 15,000 towns and villages across Gujarat
- Doctors in Gujarat join nationwide strike call over attacks in West Bengal: OPDs affected
- Amit Shah to visit Gujarat on July 3 - 4
- India wins World Cup ODI against Pakistan
- Opening session of 17th Lok Sabha today
- Gujarat govt. paid Rs. 9700 crore to farmers in 3 years on MSP purchases: Rupani