PM to dedicate world’s tallest statue on birth-anniversary of Sardar Patel in GujaratJuly 08, 2018
Bharuch: Gujarat Chief Minister Rupani today reviewed the ongoing construction work on constructing world’s tallest statue – ‘Statue of Unity – of India’s Iron Man Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at Sadhu bet of Kevadia Colony, near Sardar Sarovar Dam. He said that the state government is speeding up the construction works of the statue as it is going to be dedicated to the people by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on forthcoming Birth-Anniversary of Sardar Saheb on October 31.
The statue is being built using 90,000 metric ton of cement and 25,000 metric ton of iron. Some 250-odd engineers are contributing in constructing the statue. The life of Sardar Saheb was above political sphere and would continue to inspire the young generations for the ages to come, the Chief Minister said.
The 80 per cent construction works of the Statue of Unity has been completed. After completion of concrete works, the final shape to the statue is being given rapidly in two stages, Mr. Rupani added.
The world class tourist facilities are being developed at the sight of statue as the government is aiming to attract the tourists here from world over. The Chief Minister strongly opined that the statue would be a befitting honour to Sardar Saheb for his contribution in uniting the India.
Local MP Mansukhbhai Vasava, Sabdsharnbhai Tadvi, Bharatsinh Parmar, Chief Secretary Dr. J. N. Singh, Chief Minister’s Chief Principal Secretary Kailashnathan, chairman of Sardar Sarovar Nigam S. S. Rathor, district collector, DDO, and others joined the Chief Minister during this review visit.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies