NDRF evacuates passengers from stranded Vadodara ExpressJuly 10, 2018
Mumbai: The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) has mobilized its resources to the vulnerable locations across the country.
To mitigate the impact of the disasters which may be triggered due to heavy rains during the monsoon season, NDRF has deployed its rescue and relief teams in vulnerable areas across the country. The deployment has been made with keeping in view the vulnerability profile of the reason and in consultation with the state/local administration.
Due to incessant rain in Distt, Palghar, Maharashtra, the water level in low laying areas has raised and some people were reported to be stranded. After getting the information 01 team of NDRF immediately left from the nearest Base RRC- Mumbai to Village Manikpur and 01 more team left to Nalasopara, Palghar where the train No 12928, Vadodara Exp got stranded between Nalasopara to Virar Railway station, to conduct the rescue and relief operation. During the rescue operation NDRF team evacuated 68 people from Manikpur and 411 from Nalasopara to safer places, so far. Operation still continue.
Besides, 01 team is operational at Vill-Sisowest Distt. Darbhanga in connection with the drowning of three children in Adhawara river.
In anticipation of heavy rains and floods during the monsoon season, the Force (NDRF) has pre-positioned its 49 teams in 14 states and another 43 teams are permanently placed at 26 RRC for emergency response. Additional teams are also on standby in all NDRF battalions and shall be mobilized as per the demand.
The Force is in constant touch with Indian Metrological Department (IMD), Centre Water Commission (CWC) and other agency. The battalion commanders are in touch with state authorities to render the all possible assistance in the time of crises. A 24×7, NDRF Control Room in Delhi is closely monitoring the situation round the clock.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls