Gujarat govt launches ‘School on Wheels’ for children of salt workersJuly 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: A mobile school on wheel was launched today for the benefit of children of salt workers and laborers here. Rs 3.50 lakh mobile school has been started by the State government under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
The bus has solar system, green board, pvc flooring, TV, D2H set top box, drinking water facility, 19 writing desks and other facilities.
This initiative under a pilot project will serve the children of laborers and salt workers in Kutch, Patan, Surendranagar, Amreli, Banaskantha, Bhavnagar and Bharuch districts.
After success of pilot project, 30 more buses will be converted to ‘school on wheels’ in cooperation of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation(GSRTC). 1200 children will benefit from this initiative in phased manner.
The bus was launched by Chief Minister Rupani in presence of Dy CM Nitin Patel, education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama and others.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies