Gujarat govt launches ‘School on Wheels’ for children of salt workersJuly 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: A mobile school on wheel was launched today for the benefit of children of salt workers and laborers here. Rs 3.50 lakh mobile school has been started by the State government under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
The bus has solar system, green board, pvc flooring, TV, D2H set top box, drinking water facility, 19 writing desks and other facilities.
This initiative under a pilot project will serve the children of laborers and salt workers in Kutch, Patan, Surendranagar, Amreli, Banaskantha, Bhavnagar and Bharuch districts.
After success of pilot project, 30 more buses will be converted to ‘school on wheels’ in cooperation of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation(GSRTC). 1200 children will benefit from this initiative in phased manner.
The bus was launched by Chief Minister Rupani in presence of Dy CM Nitin Patel, education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama and others.
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues India was dealing with, will take stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar
- Reliance Jio crosses milestone of 2 crore subscribers in Gujarat
- Congress fields Gaurav Pandya and Chandrikaben as its candidate for Gujarat Rajya Sabha bye-poll
- South West Monsoon finally arrives in Gujarat, widespread rains expected in two days
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Jugal Thakor file nomination as BJP candidates on two Rajya Sabha seats of Gujarat for bye-poll
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat