Jews in Gujarat given religious minority statusJuly 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: The government of Gujarat has granted minority status to Jews community members in the State. At present Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsi and Jain community members are included in religious minority.
According to the department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat, Jews in Gujarat will get all benefits that are given to religious minorities under the Indian constitution and as per various rules and laws of Gujarat government. Eligible officer will also issue them a certificate of minority.
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase
- Pulwama terror attack proves time for talks is over:PM Modi
- Female lion cub die in West Gir forest
- Gujarat govt. forms Transgender Welfare Board on direction of Supreme Court