Jews in Gujarat given religious minority statusJuly 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: The government of Gujarat has granted minority status to Jews community members in the State. At present Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsi and Jain community members are included in religious minority.
According to the department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat, Jews in Gujarat will get all benefits that are given to religious minorities under the Indian constitution and as per various rules and laws of Gujarat government. Eligible officer will also issue them a certificate of minority.
- Major breaches at Kanalus railway station following heavy rains; several trains affected
- Ranki Vav of Patan to be on new Rs 100 currency notes: report
- NDRF teams rescue/evacuate over 80 people in rain ravaged Junagadh/Gir Somnath, body of washed away youth also recovered
- Junagadh continuing to receive very heavy rains; Manavadar 11 inch, Mendarda, Vanthli, Keshod , Mangrol above 4 -6 inch
- Seychelles vice president visits sports school in Kutch, participates in Parjanya Yagna
- In pictures: Iconic new railway station of Gandhinagar to be ready by December 31st this year