Smriti Irani to give Rs 1 crore grant for craft village Nirona in KutchJuly 11, 2018
Bhuj: Union textile minister Smriti Irani is likely to adopt the handicraft village of Nirona in Kutch district of Gujarat in order to make it an ideal village. Smriti has chosen to make Nirona a model village due to her special interest in handicraft and craft artists. She will be soon visiting the village to perform ground breaking for Rs 1 crore development works. This information was shared by district collector and local Lok Sabha member Vinod Chavda in a meeting with local villagers.
Nirona village is well known for handicraft arts such as Rogan, Kharki, Lakh, leather and weaving. District collector Remya Mohan in this meeting suggested villagers to form a committee and make a list of development works needed in Nirona village. Various community leaders, Sarpanch, craft artists, government officials, Sarpanch etc will be part of this committee.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies