Would prefer to contest from Amreli Lok Sabha seat over Bhavnagar: Kanubhai KalsariyaJuly 12, 2018
Bhavnagar: Former BJP MLA and AAP leader who also floated political outfit called Sadbhavna Manch and contested election as independent, Dr. Kanubhai Kalsariya today expressed his wish to contest from Amreli Lok Sabha seat as Congress candidate in upcoming general elections of Lok Sabha in 2019.
Socialist-left leaning Kalsariya joined Congress party yesterday after meeting Congress president Rahul Gandhi in Delhi. He will formally join Congress party in presence of his supporters during Rahul Gandhi’s upcoming Saurashtra visit.
Kanubhai said, ‘if we talk about Lok Sabha election, my working area Mahua is in Bhavnagar district, but (election)result can be achieved by working hard in both districts – Bhavnagar and Amreli. Though I leave Congress party to decide about that, but if I have to select from Bhavnagar and Amreli seats as per party’s order, I would choose Amreli to contest the Lok Sabha election.’
In another development, not related, 6 Congress members of Amreli taluka panchayat have resigned. They include Arvind Kachhadiya, Vishal Mangroloya, Haresh Bhaskar, Kanchan Desai, Labhuben Rakholiya and Vijyaben Solanki. Patel populated Amreli district gave zero seats to BJP in assembly election last year. Leader of opposition Paresh Dhanani who is Congress party’s Patel face is also from Amreli. In previous Lok Sabha election, Congress had fielded former MP Virji Thummar as its candidate. Virjibhai lost Lok Sabha poll. He later contested assembly election last year and was successful.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls