EODB: Gujarat govt seeks explanation over calculation of combined score, DIPP to deliver replyJuly 13, 2018
New Delhi: The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) will send a detailed reply with annexture to the Gujarat government on questions raised by it over ease of doing business rankings which assigned the state fifth position. Gujarat had topped the chart of Ease of Doing Business ranking among all the states and Union Territories in year 2015.
A Gujarat government official had pointed out that despite having a higher feedback score of 83.64 percent as compared to Haryana (82.90 percent) and same reform evidence score (99.73 percent) in both cases, Gujarat was placed two notches lower with combined score mentioned as 97.96 per cent in the case of Gujarat against 98.07 per cent in the case of Haryana. How, combined score has been counted remains a question. DIPP Secretary Ramesh Abhishek told reporters that a detailed reply with annexure will be sent to Gujarat.
- In pictures: A glimpse of revamped stretch of CG Road in Ahmedabad
- Drama artist Prachi Maurya murder case: Vadodara Police arrest accused Wasim Malik
- 100 more fishermen return to native villages in Gujarat from jail in Pakistan
- Vehicle of CM Rupani's car-cade hits wild pit and another vehicle, 3 including DySP injured
- AMC issues Orange alert for Ahmedabad, IMD issues heat wave warning for next 4 days
- Congress submits application in speaker's office seeking dismissal of rebel MLA Alpesh Thakor