In pictures: Iconic new railway station of Gandhinagar to be ready by December 31st this yearJuly 17, 2018
Gandhinagar: Railway Board Chairman Lohani during his recent visit to IIM Ahmedabad said that the ongoing Gandhinagar Railway Station Development Project will be completed by December 31st this year. The redeveloped railway station in Gandhinagar is likely to be opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2019 when he will be in Gandhinagar to attend the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit. The ongoing redevelopment project involves development of a 300 room hotel building at air space above railway station tracks. The entire development is first of its kind in India and therefore potential landmark project for entire nation. The project is being executed by Gandhinagar Railway & Urban Development Corporation Ltd (GARUD) which is a Joint Venture company between Government of Gujarat and Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd.
- Sarovar Hotels to open properties in Morbi and Junagadh in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rain warning for August 21 and 22
- Suspected PAAS hooligans torch city bus in Surat, attack other buses, BRTS junction
- PAAS leader Hardik arrested with 8 aides, later released
- Temples in Dwarka to dress permanent lighting decoration under Rs 3 crore project by Centre
- Gujarat BJP postpones its State Executive meeting fifth time this year