No murti visarjan in Sursagar lake this year in VadodaraJuly 26, 2018
Vadodara: The city of Vadodara which is in a way the capital of Ganesh Utsav festivities in Gujarat will see a change in location of Ganesh murti Visarjan this year.
As per the notification issued by city police commissioner Anupamsingh Gehlot, immersion in Sursagar lake will not be allowed this year.
The notification also says that the allowed height of murti as well as tajiya for upcoming festivals of Ganesh Chaturthi and Muharram will be maximum 9 ft if made from paper. For thermocol and fiber made murtis and tajiyas, the maximum height allowed is 5 ft. Murtis made from soil(mitti) only will be allowed for visarjan in natural ponds, river and sea. Murtis made from other material will need to be immersed in artificial ponds.
As Sursagar lake which is located in the middle of the city is undergoing development and beautification work under the Smart City project, Ganesh murti visarjan will take place in artificial ponds including a large pond at crocodile park site in Navlakhi compound. The size of Rs 75 lakh artificial water body at Navlakhi ground will be 100 by 75 ft.
Artificial ponds also will be developed at other places for murti visarjan. Estimated cost of developing each pond will be around Rs 25 lakh.
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year
- Ravindra and Rivaba Jadeja meet PM Narendra Modi in Delhi
- Gujarat CM visits Sardar Patel 's birth place in Nadiad
- Desalination, Recycling of water the way to go for Gujarat, explains Chief Minister
- Secretary of Dept of Defence Production, GoI, delivers lecture on Innovation for Defence Excellence at IIM-A
- Hardik Patel is a betrayer and loose character man who cares only for his own selfish motives, he will betray even Congress: Chirag Patel