Rajkot witnessed reduction in crime after citywide CCTV network: PM ModiJuly 28, 2018
Lucknow: Speaking at a function to mark 3rd anniversary of PMAY(U), Amrut and Smart Cities Mission, three flagship schemes launched by his government in urban development sector, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said Rajkot in Gujarat witnessed reduction in crime rate in last two quarters after CCTV camera network installed. PM also mentioned the city of Ahmedabad for increase in number of bus passengers after free WiFi service made available at BRTS stations.
PM also mentioned Bhopal for increase in property tax collection, Vishakhapattnam for online tracking of buses through GPS and CCTV, Pune for 125 emergency call bells installed at various places to contact the nearest police station.PM said various cities in Uttar Pradesh will also get such services.
He said Metro is either functional or soon going to be functional in 12 cities across India including in Lucknow. He remembered former Prime Minister and Lucknow MP Atal Bihar Vajpayee for Delhi Metro project which is replicated elsewhere across India.
PM gave away awards to city Mayors and Municipal Commissioners including the Mayor and Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad in this function which was attended by Mayors and Municipal Commissioners from all over India. PM Modi in his speech said Rs 7000 crore projects are completed under the Smart City Mission while Rs 52000 crore works are speedily going on. He said 11 cities have now integrated command and control centres in operation. This will be further done in 50 more cities.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat