Rajkot witnessed reduction in crime after citywide CCTV network: PM ModiJuly 28, 2018
Lucknow: Speaking at a function to mark 3rd anniversary of PMAY(U), Amrut and Smart Cities Mission, three flagship schemes launched by his government in urban development sector, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said Rajkot in Gujarat witnessed reduction in crime rate in last two quarters after CCTV camera network installed. PM also mentioned the city of Ahmedabad for increase in number of bus passengers after free WiFi service made available at BRTS stations.
PM also mentioned Bhopal for increase in property tax collection, Vishakhapattnam for online tracking of buses through GPS and CCTV, Pune for 125 emergency call bells installed at various places to contact the nearest police station.PM said various cities in Uttar Pradesh will also get such services.
He said Metro is either functional or soon going to be functional in 12 cities across India including in Lucknow. He remembered former Prime Minister and Lucknow MP Atal Bihar Vajpayee for Delhi Metro project which is replicated elsewhere across India.
PM gave away awards to city Mayors and Municipal Commissioners including the Mayor and Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad in this function which was attended by Mayors and Municipal Commissioners from all over India. PM Modi in his speech said Rs 7000 crore projects are completed under the Smart City Mission while Rs 52000 crore works are speedily going on. He said 11 cities have now integrated command and control centres in operation. This will be further done in 50 more cities.
- Om Mathur arrives in Gujarat on his first visit after re-appointment as Gujarat BJP in-charge
- Ahmedabad Flower Show 2019 of AMC opens at Sabarmati Riverfront
- Gujarat ACB nabs woman drug inspector in Jamnagar taking bribe
- Only BJP stands with Kerala and its culture: PM Modi lashes out at LDF, UDF over Sabarimala
- 19 leading industry captains, CEOs to attend Vibrant Summit – 2019
- Teaching staff of state govt universities, affiliated granted govt & private colleges to get salary as per 7th Pay panel from Jan – 2019:CM