Shravan 2018 in Gujarat from August 12July 31, 2018
Gandhinagar: Auspicious Shravan month in Gujarat will begin from August 12 this year. Some of major festivals during the month will include Janmashtami, Raksha Bandhan, Nag Panchami, Shitla Satam, Durgashtami, Dashama vrat and Shivratri. Apart from this, the holidays of Independence Day, Pateti, Bakra Eid will also come in this period.
Shravan is considered a holy month dedicated to bhakti, puja, archana of Hindu Gods. Mondays during Shravan are considered most auspicious. Devotees visit Shiv Mandirs in large number on Mondays(Somvar) and offer milk, bili tree leaves to Shiv linga. Many people also observe fast during the month of Shraval including Farali fast in which only fruits will be consumed.
Shravan begins: Sunday, August 12
Independence day: Wednesday, August 15
Pateti: Thursday, August 17
Bakra Eid: Wednesday, August 22
Raksha Bandhan: Sunday, August 26
Nag Panchami: Friday, August 31
- 305 kg heroin smuggling case: Gujarat ATS nabs another accused from Kashmir with suspected links with terrorists
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- Jain mandals against animal export from Tuna port in Kutch
- Apart from open ground, parking space will also be required for opening a school
- One dead, 3 injured in gas cylinder blast in road-side tea-snacks cabin
- Major fire in pharma company in Vapi GIDC, no loss of life or injury reported