Shravan 2018 in Gujarat from August 12July 31, 2018
Gandhinagar: Auspicious Shravan month in Gujarat will begin from August 12 this year. Some of major festivals during the month will include Janmashtami, Raksha Bandhan, Nag Panchami, Shitla Satam, Durgashtami, Dashama vrat and Shivratri. Apart from this, the holidays of Independence Day, Pateti, Bakra Eid will also come in this period.
Shravan is considered a holy month dedicated to bhakti, puja, archana of Hindu Gods. Mondays during Shravan are considered most auspicious. Devotees visit Shiv Mandirs in large number on Mondays(Somvar) and offer milk, bili tree leaves to Shiv linga. Many people also observe fast during the month of Shraval including Farali fast in which only fruits will be consumed.
Shravan begins: Sunday, August 12
Independence day: Wednesday, August 15
Pateti: Thursday, August 17
Bakra Eid: Wednesday, August 22
Raksha Bandhan: Sunday, August 26
Nag Panchami: Friday, August 31
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls