Jayanti Bhanushali case: complainant girl appears before High Court, files affidavit, next hearing on 7th AugustAugust 03, 2018
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat BJP vice president Jayanti Bhanushali who is also formerly MLA from Abdasa, former district president of Kutch unit of BJP and former director of Steel Corporation of India has filed quashing petition against a case registered in Sarthana Police station of Surat by a girl for the offences punishable under sections 376(2)(n), 294(b), 506(2), 420, 342, 465, 471, 354, 354(a), 354(b), 365, 366 and 114 of Indian Penal Code, Section 66(E) of Information Technology Act and Section 27(1) of Arms Act.
Advocate D.J. Bhatt today appeared on behalf of complainant girl as Public Prosecutor.
Complainant girl from Surat remained present in the court and submitted her affidavit. The advocate of complainant girl identified her and told the court that she had put her signature on the said affidavit.
The court noted, ‘it is required to be examined that whether the affidavit is filed by the complainant on her own will or not and for that learned Public Prosecutor shall instruct the concerned Investigating Officer to undertake necessary exercise for the purpose to verify that the affidavit is filed by the complainant without any coercion and undue influence.’
The court has listed matter again on 7th of August.
It is learnt that complainant has wished to not to go ahead in this case and related investigation. Quashing plea applicant Jayanti Bhanushali’s lawyer faced heat of the court as he was asked why Bhanushali didn’t file anticipatory bail even after summoned twice for his appearance before police.
It’s worth mentioning here that complainant girl didn’t appear in Surat court on Thursday to give her statement as per section 164 citing the reason that she was unwell. She had recently appeared before Surat police to give her statement in connection with alleged blackmail case over sex tape of another politician who is from Congress.
- Counting of votes in Gujarat, the home state of PM Modi, begins amid tight 3 layered security, Fate of 371 candidates including Amit Shah to be decided
- Live: Lok Sabha general elections 2019 results
- Rajkot BJP will not celebrate Lok Sabha victory in view of demise of rival Congress candidate's son
- MHA asks States/UTs to take adequate security measures in connection with counting of votes
- Amit Shah asks six questions to opposition parties over their EVM cry
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers