First Howitzer gun made in Hazira – Surat based L&T plant sent to Rajasthan for trialAugust 08, 2018
Surat: Prime Minister Narendra Modi may visit the city of Surat in the month of September for events related to airport, modern railway station and SUMUL dairy. The Prime Minister may also dedicate Surat-made Howitzer gun.
L&T facility in Hazira area of Surat has recently manufactured the first India-made Howitzer k-9 Vajra T gun which has been sent to desert area of Rajasthan for its trial by Army. Once the trial is successful, Howitzer manufactured in Hazira – Surat will be commissioned. Ordinance system for this gun has been supplied by French company Nexter.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat