Parts of Kutch see some rain today, isolated places in South and East central Gujarat also saw rainAugust 09, 2018
Areas in and around Mundra taluka in Kutch district and region in Gujarat today saw around one inch of rain a some places in South and East Central Gujarat also saw one to one a half inch of rainfall under the influence of weakened low pressure area over bay of Bengal and an upper air cyclonic circulation over SouthEast Rajasthan and neighbourhood.
By 8 pm today Ghogamba in Panchmahal district had seen maximum rainfall of 39mm while Bodeli in Chhota Udepur 31 mm, Waghai in Dangs district in South Gujarat had seen 24 mm while Mundra in Kutch 20 mm and Vansada in Navasari 18mm of rain.
Dholka in Ahmedabad district has seen 11 mm of rain while Rajkot city] Bardoli, Kaprada, Jamnagar and Gir Gadhda all around 10mm.
In all 72 talukas have seen light to moderate rain by 8pm today.
Earlier in the last 24 hours 82 talukas of 25 districts had seen similar rains with Dhrangdhra in Surendranagar seening the highest of 66mm, Dasad 63 mm. Ahmedabad city had also seen an average of 13 mm and in its western part over 30mm of rain last night.
The met has predicted not much rain from tomorrow.
- Shaktisinh Gohil seeks apology from CM Rupani, warns to file criminal complaint and defamation suit
- Inside the Statue of Unity and view from gallery
- Gir Sanctuary and National Park reopens for visitors after 4-month monsoon break; four more Lion Safari routes added for tourists
- When over 40,000 sang national anthem at Navratri garba ground in Vadodara
- Garba flash mob welcomes passengers at international terminal of Ahmedabad airport
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport