SRP deployed alongside Kutch Branch Canal on way to Tappar dam for smooth supply of drinking waterAugust 09, 2018
Bhuj: State Reserve Police(SRP) force has been deployed alongside the Kutch branch canal in Vagad belt of district Kutch.
Due to very poor rain in Kutch in monsoon so far, the State government has decided to fill Tappar dam with Narmada water. The canal to Tappar dam passes through the Vagad region of district Kutch. Couple of days ago, groups of villagers gathered and obstructed Narmada water supply to Tappar dam. They were demanding government to fill village ponds with Narmada water first. Police had to intervene and open the gates to resume water supply to Tappar dam.
Following this incident, State Reserve Police(SRP) force has been deployed to ensure smooth supply of water to Tappar dam for drinking water.
It must be noted here that Narmada dam, the main source of water for Gujarat has insufficient storage of water so far. The government has decided to reserve the storage for drinking water supply only till situation improves.
- Voter turnout in Gujarat Lok Sabha elections highest ever at estimated 63.68%; final figure is awaited
- Power of voter ID many times more than weapon of terrorists IED: PM Modi after casting vote
- Live: Gujarat votes for all 26 seats of Lok Sabha
- Alpesh Thakor in Facebook Live appeals Thakors to vote against Congress candidates
- For Congress campaign in Vadodara, actress Amisha Patel praises Gujarat development; BJP candidate posts video
- Modi, Shah, Advani, Jaitley, Rupani, Governors of two states in Gujarat to cast vote