Gujarat performers in Asian Games 2018 accorded grand welcome at Ahmedabad airportSeptember 06, 2018
Ahmedabad: Winners from Gujarat in Asian Games 2018 – Indonesia including 400×4 relay race gold medalist Sarita Gayakwad were welcomed today morning at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport here on their arrival.
Large number of sports enthusiasts from various sports association and Sports University of Gujarat were present to welcome the winners who arrived here from Delhi after meeting the Prime Minister last evening.
The winners were garlanded and placed in open jeeps. Sarita Gaykwad could be seen standing with her parents who are from tribal populated Dang district of South Gujarat. Tribal dances were performed to welcome the players. The whole arrival area of Ahmedabad airport dressed a festive look.
Sports Authority of Gujarat(SAG) officials welcomed Gujarat Asian Games Medalists and Shaktidoot Players: Manav Thakkar, Ankita Raina, Sarita Gaikwad and Harmeet Desai at Ahmedabad airport after their brilliant performance at Asian Games 2018- Indonesia.
- Only nation's good drives the decisions of PM Modi; urgently required Defense purchases stalled in ten years of UPA govt resumed in present govt without middle men: Raksha Mantri in Gujarat
- Iss bar sabka hisab hoga, hisab pura honga ..... aapka yeh pradhan sewak is hi kaam me laga hai: PM Modi on Pakistan
- Gujarat CM launches second spell of state-wide Sujalam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan
- Amid rising Indo-Pak tension Vice Chief of Army visits border areas in Gujarat
- Pulwama effect: Gujarat businessman and Saurashtra cricket association (SCA) protest against Pakistan in their own way
- ACB nabs GST and central Excise officer in South Gujarat taking Rs 1 lakh bribe