Bitcoin case: Special court allows 7-day remand of ex-GPP MLA Kotadiya to CID-crimeSeptember 10, 2018
Ahmedabad: A special court here today allowed 7 days custody (remand) of former MLA Nalin Kotadiya to CID-crime.
Kotadiya was produced in the court by CID crime today after the Crime Branch of Ahmedabad police handed him over to it.
He was arrested by the crime branch in connection with sensational Bitcoin extortion and kidnapping case, from Amalner in Jalgaon district in Maharashtra yesterday.
Investigating Officer of the case Aziz Saiyad today said that the court has allowed 7 days remand (till September 17) of Kodadiya for further interrogation.
Kotadiya, who was declared absconder by the special ACB court here on June 18, was on a run for almost 3 months.
Notably the then Amreli SP Jagdish Patel and LCB PI Anant Patel along with other culprits have been nabbed in the sensational case related to alleged kidnapping of Surat based builder Shailesh Bhatt and extorting bitcoin from him with the help of Amreli police. Kotadiya, who had earlier got elected from Dhari assembly seat in 2012 election on GPP ticket, had gone underground since his role in the case and taking a share of over Rs 60 lakhs became clear. He had not turned up before CID-crime despite several summons and warrant.
Interestingly in the case with many twists and turns complainant Bhatt also turned out to be a culprit and a separate case against him and others has also been lodged. He too is on the run.
- Ganesh Murti vandalized in Surat; five booked
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat - PMJAY nationwide, CM and DyCM launches the same in Gujarat
- Rain continues in parts of Gujarat, heavy rain warning for 3 north and 1 central Gujarat districts
- A Questionable Statement Which Circumstances & Facts Demolish: Arun Jaitley's note on Rafale
- Rahul is becoming even more ludicrous day by day: CM Vijay Rupani
- 2 smugglers from Rajasthan including a woman nabbed with Charas worth 2.5 crore