Students’ Rakhdi cutting incident: Christian Mission school in Gujarat tenders written apologySeptember 10, 2018
Gandhinagar: Mount Carmel High School, a reputed convent school run by a roman catholic christian group, in capital Gandhinagar has tendered official apology to the education department for the incident of cutting of Rakhdis tied on the wrists of some of its students by its teachers a few days after the festival of Raksha-bandhan last month.
District Education Officer of Gandhinagar today informed this.
He said that the school management in its written reply has said that the teachers who cut the Rakhdis had no ill intention about any religious thing but they were angry at the commotion created by the students. The management has assured to not to repeat such incidents. It has also tendered apology for the incident and said that the festivals of all the religions were celebrated in the school.
Notably, Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama had also sought clarification in the matter.
On the other hand members of Hindu outfits and Akhil Bharitya Vidyarthi Parishad had held demonstration in front of the school situated close to sector 21 police station here.
Students who were wearing Rakhdis tied on their wrists during recently concluded (It was on August 26), Raksha Bandhan festival were allegedly singled out by teachers of the school on August 28. They cut the Rakhdis with scissors and removed it.
Guardians of such students protested it. Earlier on August 1, angry guardians of the girl students of Queen of Angel Convent School in Bharuch had protested against management order barring the girls with Mehndi on hand (applied during Gaur Vrat) from attending the classes till it faded completely or was removed. The parents and members of Hindu outfits stormed the school and chanted Hanuman Chalisa there. Later that school also apologized for it.
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies
- 6 die as truck overturns and crush a car in Surendranagar district of Gujarat
- Property registration documents in Sub Registrar Offices now available online in Gujarat