Vadodara gets the biggest Ganesh murti made from single stoneSeptember 13, 2018
Vadodara: BJP MLA Yogesh Patel led Satyam Shivam Sundaram Samiti in Vadodara has installed a 28 tonne weight Ganesh murti which is claimed to be the biggest Ganesh murti made from single stone.
The murti is 11.25 ft tall. It is installed on permanent basis at Jagnath Mahadev temple in Vadodara.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, Speaker of Gujarat Assembly and city MLA Rajendra Trivedi, Dabhoi MLA Shailesh Mehta(Sotta), local MP and others were present on this occasion.
Vadodara is considered capital of Ganesh utsav festivities in Gujarat. The city has significant Marathi population. It was the capital of Baroda State of Gekwads(Maratha). Yogesh Patel led Satyam Shivam Sundaram Samiti’s next plan is golden conversion of tall Shiva Statue in the middle of Sursagar lake.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road