Congress hold meeting at state headquarter to discuss strategy for Vidhansabha gheraoSeptember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Main Opposition Congress today held a meeting at its state headquarter in Paldi area here in presence of state party in-charge Rajiv Satav to chalk out the strategy of its proposed ‘gherao’ of the Gujarat assembly on September 18, the first day of the two day monsoon session of the house and also to attack the BJP government inside the house on various issues.
Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani, who along with state president Amit Chavda and MLAs of the party participated in the meeting said that the Congress want to highlight the complete failure of the state government through the gherao event.
To a query he said that permission for the gherao would be sought and if it is denied, the party along with various social outfits would start civil disobedience like demonstrations as the government was not allowing many such democratic and peaceful protests against it.
Party spokesperson Manish Doshi said that the party would raise various issues including the groundnut procurement scam, ignore of farmer’s issues, increasing petrol-diesel prices would be raised both outside and on the floor of the house.
Notably on the first day of the brief session the government would put a proposal to condole the demise of former PM Atal Behari Vajpayee.
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground
- Dy CM Nitin Patel terms Gohil's ultimatum to CM a cheap publicity stunt
- RIL announces strategic investment in and partnership with Den Networks Ltd and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd
- 18,000 slokas of 12 Skandhs of Shrimad Bhagwat Shridhari Tika translated in Gujarati by Ahmedabad based author
- Indian Coast guard saves 2 fishing boats with 19 aboard from being caught by Pak marines off Gujarat coast
- Nakhatrana town observes bandh against BAMSEF propaganda against Hindu beliefs and Gods