Congress hold meeting at state headquarter to discuss strategy for Vidhansabha gheraoSeptember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Main Opposition Congress today held a meeting at its state headquarter in Paldi area here in presence of state party in-charge Rajiv Satav to chalk out the strategy of its proposed ‘gherao’ of the Gujarat assembly on September 18, the first day of the two day monsoon session of the house and also to attack the BJP government inside the house on various issues.
Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani, who along with state president Amit Chavda and MLAs of the party participated in the meeting said that the Congress want to highlight the complete failure of the state government through the gherao event.
To a query he said that permission for the gherao would be sought and if it is denied, the party along with various social outfits would start civil disobedience like demonstrations as the government was not allowing many such democratic and peaceful protests against it.
Party spokesperson Manish Doshi said that the party would raise various issues including the groundnut procurement scam, ignore of farmer’s issues, increasing petrol-diesel prices would be raised both outside and on the floor of the house.
Notably on the first day of the brief session the government would put a proposal to condole the demise of former PM Atal Behari Vajpayee.
- Non-seasonal rain in South and Central Gujarat
- 4 injured, car, bike torched in communal violence in Matar town of Central Gujarat
- Gujarat govt takes fresh decision regarding scarcity situation; a team to visit Punjab
- Drone visuals of Kartiki Purnima fair at Somnath
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry ship halted in sea after high temperature alarm rings
- Wankaner palace antiquities theft case solved, 100% silver recovered but in biscuit form