Door to door waste collection service of AMC to attract charges from 1st OctoberSeptember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Door to door garbage collection service of Amdavad Municipal Corporation(AMC) will no more be available for free. It will be a chargeable service with effect from 1st October this year.
A proposal of municipal commissioner moved in this regard has been OKayed today by Standing Committee of AMC.
According to details available, slum units that are not covered under tax will not need to pay any charge for door to door garbage collection service. Each affordable housing unit will need to pay 50 paise per day for this service. For general residential units and shops smaller than 50 square meter in size, the charge will be Re 1 per day. Commercial properties will need to pay Rs 2 per day.
At present, the service is offered for free by AMC.
Payable amount will be added to annual property tax bill. It will not need separate payment.
- Gujarat farmer denies nod for landing of Hardik Patel's helicopter on his land
- Reliance Jio Q4 net profit jumps 64% to Rs 840 crore
- Our Nyay scheme is a deadly blow and surgical strike against poverty, will end penury from India: Rahul in Gujarat
- Scrapped note of Rs 500 and 1000 of face value of over 7 lakhs fished out of river Sabarmati in Gujarat
- Push a lotus button, and it will straight away go to Modi's account: PM in Amreli
- Banks decide to continue with bidding process to save cash-strapped Jet Airways