Justice Ranjan Gogoi appointed as next Chief Justice of IndiaSeptember 14, 2018
New Delhi: The President of India has appointed Justice Ranjan Gogoi as the next Chief Justice of India. He will assume the office of Chief Justice on 3rd October, 2018 after the retirement of the current Chief Justice, Justice Dipak Misra.
Born on 18th November, 1954, Justice Gogoi was enrolled as an advocate in 1978. He practised in the Gauhati High Court on constitutional, taxation and company matters. He was appointed as a Permanent Judge of the Gauhati High Court on 28th February, 2001. On 9th September, 2010, he was transferred to the Punjab & Haryana High Court. He was appointed as Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court on 12th February, 2011. He was appointed as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India on 23rd April, 2012.
- Railway minister dedicates India's first Rail and Transport Institute in Vadodara
- Rupani chairs review meeting for tribal development, announces several welfare measures
- Gayatri Mantra rendition by Lata Mangeshkar for Isha Ambani wedding
- Soon you may enjoy the view of Statue of Unity from sky
- Box of diamond containing around 99 carat of precious gem stolen during International exhibition in Surat
- President of India performs bhoomi pujan for railway station at Kevadia Colony