Coastal Gujarat Power Limited (CGPL) completes refinancing of ECB loansSeptember 28, 2018
Mumbai: Coastal Gujarat Power Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power which implemented the 4000MW Mundra UMPP, today in a statement said it has completed refinancing of the outstanding ECB loans amounting to ~USD 770 million (appx Rs. 5,500 Cr) through a mix of INR-denominated debt instruments and equity funding from the proceeds of divestment of non-core assets of the Company.
The statement further said, refinancing of USD loans of CGPL will help in rescheduling the cash requirements as well reducing the effective interest cost apart from reducing foreign exchange related volatility for CGPL.
The company added that this is also expected to ease cash flow burden resulting from the continuing losses due to the continuing under-recoveries in the Mundra Ultra Mega Power Project.
Speaking on this initiative, Mr. Praveer Sinha, CEO & Managing Director, Tata Power, said, “ We have been looking at various options to improve viability of Mundra UMPP. This is one more step in the same direction as it reduces interest cost burden and cash flow burden on CGPL.”
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area