Mahuva town continues to observe strike after VHP leader’s brutal murder; four arrested on remand, Morari Bapu visits victim’s familyOctober 26, 2018
Mahuva: Mahuva town in Bhavnagar district continued to observe strike today against brutal murder of chief of local unit of Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP) and young Koli community leader Jayesh Gujariya.
The situation in town is tense but in control. Major markets including diamond industry continued to observe strike today after a long funeral procession yesterday which was attended by thousands of people.
Ram kathakar Shri Morari Bapu visited Jayesh’s family and conducted Ram dhun.
Gujariya was killed with sharp weapon. He was taken to hospital in Bhavnagar where he was declared dead.
Police arrested four accused within hours of incident of crime. They were Salammiya alias Bapu Ratumiya Saiyad, Aslam alias Pe Nurabhai Halari, Ashraf alias Imran alias Tiniyo Husainbhai Gaha, and Taiyab alias Don Tajubhai Gaha.
Accused are on two-day remand.
Mahuva town in district Bhavnagar, Gujarat continues to observe strike after VHP leader's brutal murder; four arrested are on remand, Morari Bapu visits victim's family https://t.co/BzXUfL7O6D pic.twitter.com/HtrDh9NrNT
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) October 26, 2018
Meanwhile Mahesh alias Bholu Majithiya who was injured in same incident of attack is critical.
Late Jayesh’s father Kishanbhi Lakhmanbhai Gujariya is complainant in this case. It is learnt that police is in search of three more accused. Late Jayesh’s brother Mahesh Gujariya alleged that Jayesh was on radar for long time due to his social service and cow protection activities.
Jayesh was murdered on 23rd night in Gandhibaug area of Mahuva late in the evening at around 9 pm following some dispute with a group of local Muslims who had come to Navratri garba event at Devprayag Residency in Devaliya village on 6th night of Navratri festival.
23-year old Jayesh was earlier in Shiv Sena.
- Asaram's son, Narayan Sai held guilty in rape case by a Gujarat court
- Amid scorching summer, water level in the life-line of water supply in Gujarat 'Narmada Dam' rising again; 119.27 m level as on today morning
- In pictures: A glimpse of revamped stretch of CG Road in Ahmedabad
- Drama artist Prachi Maurya murder case: Vadodara Police arrest accused Wasim Malik
- 100 more fishermen return to native villages in Gujarat from jail in Pakistan
- Vehicle of CM Rupani's car-cade hits wild pit and another vehicle, 3 including DySP injured