Zydus Hospitals acquires Columbia Asia hospital in AhmedabadOctober 31, 2018
Ahmedabad:Three-year old Zydus Hospitals, a subsidiary of pharma major Zydus Group, has acquired the Ahmedabad unit of Columbia Asia Hospital Pvt Ltd. Zydus already operates two hospitals at Ahmedabad and Anand in Gujarat.
“This acquisition provides an opportunity to get a ready infrastructure and will enable Zydus Hospitals in setting up an exclusive cancer care centre with the latest technology and infrastructure just adjacent to its hospital in Ahmedabad,” a Zydus Hospitals statement said.
“This decision comes after much deliberation at the highest level, taking in the best interest of all relevant parties,” Columbia Asia statement said.
1 lakh square feet Columbia Asia Hospital was set up in August 2014 with 99-bed tertiary care centre. The hospital management of Columbia Asia has decided to exit from Ahmedabad operations and hand over the unit to Zydus Hospitals.
Founder of Zydus Hospitals, Pankaj Patel said, “We believe that, with this new addition in our fold, we will be able to expand our operations rapidly and offer comprehensive cancer care to the people of Gujarat.”
Dr Nanda Kumar Jairam, CEO, Columbia Asia, said, “It was a difficult decision, but the management of Columbia Asia has taken a decision to exit our Ahmedabad operations. We have made detailed plans to relocate many of our Ahmedabad colleagues into the hospitals we operate in other geography, and for those who have chosen to stay in Ahmedabad to be duly compensated.”
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit
- Development projects unveiled across the country, as PM’s vision for New India takes shape