Zydus Hospitals acquires Columbia Asia hospital in AhmedabadOctober 31, 2018
Ahmedabad:Three-year old Zydus Hospitals, a subsidiary of pharma major Zydus Group, has acquired the Ahmedabad unit of Columbia Asia Hospital Pvt Ltd. Zydus already operates two hospitals at Ahmedabad and Anand in Gujarat.
“This acquisition provides an opportunity to get a ready infrastructure and will enable Zydus Hospitals in setting up an exclusive cancer care centre with the latest technology and infrastructure just adjacent to its hospital in Ahmedabad,” a Zydus Hospitals statement said.
“This decision comes after much deliberation at the highest level, taking in the best interest of all relevant parties,” Columbia Asia statement said.
1 lakh square feet Columbia Asia Hospital was set up in August 2014 with 99-bed tertiary care centre. The hospital management of Columbia Asia has decided to exit from Ahmedabad operations and hand over the unit to Zydus Hospitals.
Founder of Zydus Hospitals, Pankaj Patel said, “We believe that, with this new addition in our fold, we will be able to expand our operations rapidly and offer comprehensive cancer care to the people of Gujarat.”
Dr Nanda Kumar Jairam, CEO, Columbia Asia, said, “It was a difficult decision, but the management of Columbia Asia has taken a decision to exit our Ahmedabad operations. We have made detailed plans to relocate many of our Ahmedabad colleagues into the hospitals we operate in other geography, and for those who have chosen to stay in Ahmedabad to be duly compensated.”
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies