7710 visitors, Rs 19 lakh ticket collection at Statue of Unity site on Sunday, highest after openingNovember 05, 2018
Bharuch: Diwali vacation has started and today was first Sunday after inauguration of Statue of Unity – world’s tallest statue featuring Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Total number of ticketed visitors today was 7,710 which made Rs 19,10,405 ticket collection.
In first two days, Statue of Unity witnessed arrival of 4,796 visitors and Rs 9.53 lakh ticket collection through them.
On 1st November, 240 children, 2497 others – in total 2737 visitors visited Statue of Unity which made Rs 5,46,050 collection. On 2nd November, 206 children, 2083 elders – in total 2299 visitors arrived here which made Rs 4,07,650 collection.
Meanwhile it has come to notice that actual expense per person to visit the statue comes to Rs 380 and not Rs 350. Visitors are taken to statue site from parking (which is located away) in buses. While Rs 350 is fee to go to view gallery of statue, Rs 30 is bus ticket cost.
Tickets are available at PRO office near Circuit house. Each visitor is mandated to purchase bus ticket.
- ACB nabs engineer in central Gujarat taking Rs 30 thousand bribe from contractor
- Union cabinet approves phase-2 of Ahmedabad Metro rail project
- Rupani launches common number ‘112 Emergency Helpline Services’ in Gujarat
- PM to inaugurate Ahmedabad Metro train project on March 4
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan