Gujarat’s most famous Diwali rangoli of Maninagar Swaminarayan mandir this year features Statue of UnityNovember 05, 2018
Ahmedabad: Rangoli on the occasion of Diwali at Maninagar Gaadi Swaminarayan temple premises here is very famous. In fact is one of biggest rangoli in size every year in Gujarat. Maninagar Swaminarayan temple makes rangoli on specific theme of national relevance every year. This year, saints have selected recently unveiled Statue of Unity – world’s tallest statue as theme. Statue of Unity features Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the iron man of India. His statue is world’s tallest. It was recently opened at Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam in Gujarat. Before this, there was another statue – a smaller one at Sardar Sarovar dam site which was made and erected by Maninagar Gaadi mandir.
Rangoli created at Maninagar mandir is 50 by 40 ft in size. 560 kg colours of 27 varieties, and 4000 pieces of thermocol dishes are used in this Rangoli. Merges of 562 native states, Sardar Patel’s Statue of Unity etc are visible in this rangoli which has been created under the guidance of sect head PP Swami.
- Police detain Hardik Patel in Surat
- Ahmedabad court asks Rahul Gandhi to appear in person on July 12
- Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continue
- Surat fire tragedy: Chief Secretary Dr. JN Singh brief media on actions taken so far
- Live: PM Narendra Modi on Gujarat visit after victory in Lok Sabha elections 2019
- German make turnable fire rescue ladder vehicle arrives in Surat