Gujarat’s most famous Diwali rangoli of Maninagar Swaminarayan mandir this year features Statue of UnityNovember 05, 2018
Ahmedabad: Rangoli on the occasion of Diwali at Maninagar Gaadi Swaminarayan temple premises here is very famous. In fact is one of biggest rangoli in size every year in Gujarat. Maninagar Swaminarayan temple makes rangoli on specific theme of national relevance every year. This year, saints have selected recently unveiled Statue of Unity – world’s tallest statue as theme. Statue of Unity features Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the iron man of India. His statue is world’s tallest. It was recently opened at Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam in Gujarat. Before this, there was another statue – a smaller one at Sardar Sarovar dam site which was made and erected by Maninagar Gaadi mandir.
Rangoli created at Maninagar mandir is 50 by 40 ft in size. 560 kg colours of 27 varieties, and 4000 pieces of thermocol dishes are used in this Rangoli. Merges of 562 native states, Sardar Patel’s Statue of Unity etc are visible in this rangoli which has been created under the guidance of sect head PP Swami.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 3D mapping projection show at Dandi Kutir in Mahatma Mandir
- GMB signs 19 MoUs on first day of Vibrant Gujarat Summit; here is a list
- Tata plans lithium ion battery manufacturing in Gujarat
- Highlights of investment commitments announced from the stage at Vibrant Gujarat Summit inaugural session
- India is ready for business as never before: PM at inauguration of Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- Gujarat is becoming more and more important for Suzuki Group: Toshihiro Suzuki shares company's future plans here