PM celebrates Diwali with jawans in Harsil, UttarakhandNovember 07, 2018
New Delhi: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today celebrated Diwali with jawans of the Indian Army and ITBP, at Harsil in Uttarakhand.
Greeting the jawans on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that their devotion to duty in the remote icy heights, is enabling the strength of the nation, and securing the future and the dreams of 125 crore Indians. He said that Diwali is the festival of lights; it spreads the light of goodness and dispels fear. He said that the jawans, through their commitment and discipline, are also helping to spread the sense of security and fearlessness among the people.
The Prime Minister recalled that he has been visiting soldiers on Diwali, ever since he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He also spoke of his interactions with the jawans of ITBP, years ago when he was part of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
The Prime Minister said India is taking great strides forward in the defence sector. He spoke of various measures being taken for welfare of ex-servicemen, including OROP (One Rank, One Pension).
The Prime Minister said that the Indian Armed Forces draw admiration and appreciation across the world, in UN peacekeeping operations.
The Prime Minister offered sweets to the jawans. He also interacted with people from nearby areas who had gathered to greet him on Diwali.
- LRD paper leak case: More main conspirators nabbed from MP, Delhi
- 7 dead, more than 20 injured in two mishaps in Gujarat
- RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns from his post
- Gandhinagar coldest across Gujarat today with lowest of the season so far at 11°C, Ahmedabad at 11.8°C third in this regard, temperatures likely to go down after 2 days: Met Director
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away