Jain lady monks learning self defence, lathi daav techniques in SuratNovember 19, 2018
Surat: After a recent incident of a man allegedly attempting to molest a Jain Sadhvi in Gopipura, Sadhvis are now been trained for self-defence using their sticks in Kailashnagar Jain Sangh. Around 50 female Jain monks will be trained by females trainers of Rashtra Sevika Samiti. It should be mentioned that a man caught for ‘molesting’ Jain lady monk who was sleeping in Upashray had told police that he was searching for money in dark in Upashraya and touched Sadhvi ji accidentally which was perceived as attempt to molest.
Training is being given to sadhvi in 20-40 age group at Kailashnagar based Jain upashray by Rashtra Sevika Samiti. This training will be useful for protection against wild animals too. A decision of training was taken by Acharya Sam Panyas Shekhar Vijayji Maharaj. Trainer Chanchala Tokarvad said the self defence training includes lessons of ‘Dand Prahar’ for which seesam wood sticks are used. Jain lady monks keep such sticks anyway in routine life. Same stick will be useful for self protection.
- Banks decide to continue with bidding process to save cash-strapped Jet Airways
- Despite international nature of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, then UPA govt missed big opportunity to isolate Pakistan:Sushma Swaraj in Gujarat
- PM Narendra Modi in Amreli speaks in length on his bonds with Gujarat and People of Gujarat
- Have you seen any Congress leader's photo visiting Sardar saheb's Statue of Unity? : PM Modi asks people in Amreli
- Congress got least number of seats in 2014, and now contesting least number of seats in 2019, no-one would go along with those who are sinking: PM in Amreli
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing BJP campaign rally in Amreli