Over 6 lakh complete Lili parikrama even before formal start, 6 die of heart attack so farNovember 19, 2018
Junagadh: More than 6 lakh devotees have completed the Lilli parikrama (taking a round) of Girnar mountain here even before the formal inauguration of it slated for midnight tonight.
Unfortunately so far 6 devotees have also died due to heart attacks during the 36 km long parikrama of the famous Girnar mountain, situated 6 km from here of whom 3 including one from Bihar died today.
According to forest department control room for the parikrama, more than 6 lakh devotees have completed it and returned till today. The parikrama which is held from Ekadashi (the 11th day) to Purnima (15th day) of Kartik month of Gujarati calendar started two days early on November 17 due to flooding of devotees before time.
The parikrama is set to make a record this year with respect to the number of devotees. After its formal start tonight it would conclude on November 23.
Meanwhile today three devotees identified as Radhikaben Jethabhai (18) resident of Kharwavad in Veraval, Devshibhai Vadher (60) resident of Bandhala village in Junagadh and Memkumar Mohanlal Jain (65) resident of Patna in Bihar died of heart attack.
Earlier two devotees had died in similar manner yesterday while one had died on November 17.
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel
- Gujarat board matriculation/class 10 results to be declared tomorrow