Volunteers prevent 2 tonne plastic from entering Girnar forest during Lili ParikramaNovember 25, 2018
Junagadh: Local voluntary organization’s volunteers prevented 2 tonne plastic to enter the protected forest area of Girnar during Lili Parikrama.
Over a million pilgrims come to Girnar hill forest for 36-km long Lili Parikrama every year ahead of Kartiki Purnima(full moon day of Kartak month of year as per Gujarati calendar). Most of them bring plastic bags with them which they eventually dump in forest area after use. Local voluntary organization for last several years take plastic from pilgrims at the entry point of forest and give them textile bag in exchange for free. This year 87 volunteers participated in this service and prevented 2 tonne plastic from entering the forest area.
Thanks to donors, small bag which costs Rs. 4 and larger size bag which costs Rs. 9 is given free to pilgrims in exchange of plastic bag.
According to Dr. Chirag Gosai of Bahauddin college, the volunteers offered their services from midnight of November 16th to 2.00 pm on November 20th.
- What its Advisor’s Must Tell the Congress Party on National Security: FM Arun Jaitley's note
- Vallabh Kathiriya appointed chairman of Kamdhenu Aayog
- Gujarat govt transfers IPS/SPS officers, ACPs and DySPs
- Gujarat assembly passes amendment bills for civic body appointments, cow shelters and old Rural Housing board units
- GSRTC strike concludes
- Shops to be allowed to function round the clock: Gujarat Assembly passes bill