Gujarati actor Dilip Joshi aka Jethalal joins BJP campaign in RajasthanNovember 30, 2018
Chittorgarh: Gujarati actor Dilip Joshi, who is popular as Jethalal Champaklal Gada, a character he plays in Hindi TV serial ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’, campaigned for ruling Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) in Rajasthan.
Joshi who has also campaigned for BJP in Gujarat previously, joined campaign of BJP candidate Lalit Ostwal, who is contesting from Bari Sadri Assembly seat in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
The actor attended a public event where he sought support for the BJP candidate from the people.
Apart from doing TV shows, Dilip Joshi has also appeared in Bollywood films like Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, Maine Pyaar Kiya. He is one of the most popular TV actors of recent times entertaining us with his superb comic timing. The actor emerged as a major crowd puller for this campaign with his nation-wide appeal.
When reporters asked Dilip Joshi to give comment on Congress president Rahul Gandhi, he said ‘Rahul Gandhi is even greater comedy artist compared to him.’
Rajasthan will vote for the 200-General Assembly seats on December 7 and the results for the same will be declared on December 11.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani is likely to join Rajasthan campaign on 2nd December with a public meeting.
(Photo by Zee News)
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase