SC recommends four names for elevation as Judges in Gujarat High CourtDecember 05, 2018
Gandhinagar: The Supreme Court of India collegium has recommended three lawyers namely Bhargav Dhirenbhai Karia, Megha Bhupendra Jani and Sangeeta Kamalsingh Vishen and a judicial officer Vishnukumar Prabhudas Patel for elevation as judges in the Gujarat High Court.
Sanctioned strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court is 52. If the Centre approve the recommendation of SC collegium, the strength of the Gujarat High Court will increase to 33 judges. Two sitting Gujarat High Court judges – Justices Mohinder Pal and RH Shukla – are due to retire this month.
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase