Amit Shah performs bhoomi pujan for pilgrim walk way at SomnathDecember 06, 2018
Somnath: BJP chief Amit Shah today performed bhoomi pujan for construction of pilgrim walkway at Somnath.
According to Shri Somnath Trust, the walk way will be 1500 running meter in length and 7 meter in width. It will have street furniture facility. It will be constructed at a cost of Rs 45 crore under the Central government scheme ‘PRASAD’. The pathway will be called Yatri Pada Patha.
The walkway will start from Sagar Darshan and continue upto Triveni Sangam. While walking on the pathway, pilgrims will be able to have darshan of Somnath mandir, Shri Ram mandir and Triveni sangam. Artistic sitting arrangements will be made at every 200 meter distance. The pathway will witness Bhakti music in the evenings and also have latest lighting. Somnath is going to witness pilgrimage development works worth Rs. 100 crore.
Shah, speaking on this occasion said, ‘Purans have mentioned that Somnath temple was covered with gold. With cooperation of all, all kalash of Somnath temple will be made golden again, I am sure.’
Shah is one of Trustees of Shri Somnath Trust. He visits Somnath temple almost every time after some major election campaign is over. Shah arrived Somnath yesterday after completion of four state assembly general election campaign. Shah was joined by his family members.
Shah today morning performed puja at Somnath temple with family members. State BJP president Jitu Vaghani and RSS Pracharak and State BJP organizational general secretary Bhikhu Dalsania among others were present on this occasion.
- CBDT refutes Media Report
- BJP conducts 'Ghar Ghar Chalo Abhiyan' in Gandhinagar from where party president Amit Shah has been declared candidate
- Conveyed party months in advance my decision to not contest Lok Sabha election: Paresh Rawal
- They are betraying principles of Lohia, they will also betray people: PM Modi flaying 'socialist parties'
- Reliance denies sidestepping US sanctions
- Railway Board Chairman reviews progress of Bullet train project in Ahmedabad