Rajkot to get AIIMS; Gujarat govt. conveys thanks to PM ModiDecember 18, 2018
Gandhinagar: Rajkot has been selected to get the ‘All India Institute of Medical Science’ (AIIMS), said State minister Saurabh Patel here. Patel conveyed thanks to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for this decision.
The Centre had announced AIIMS for Gujarat a few years ago. The State government had shortlisted two locations for proposed AIIMS, one at Rajkot and the other at Vadodara. Central teams had visited both locations in order to choose one of them. Rajkot is old capital of former Saurashtra State. AIIMS in Rajkot will benefit entire Saurashtra and Kutch regions said minister Saurabh Patel.
- South West Monsoon finally arrives in Gujarat, widespread rains expected in two days
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Jugal Thakor file nomination as BJP candidates on two Rajya Sabha seats of Gujarat for bye-poll
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat
- Heavy rain warning for South Gujarat tomorrow
- Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announced
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Alpesh, assembly speaker on Congress' plea seeking his dismissal from MLA post