Rajkot to get AIIMS; Gujarat govt. conveys thanks to PM ModiDecember 18, 2018
Gandhinagar: Rajkot has been selected to get the ‘All India Institute of Medical Science’ (AIIMS), said State minister Saurabh Patel here. Patel conveyed thanks to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for this decision.
The Centre had announced AIIMS for Gujarat a few years ago. The State government had shortlisted two locations for proposed AIIMS, one at Rajkot and the other at Vadodara. Central teams had visited both locations in order to choose one of them. Rajkot is old capital of former Saurashtra State. AIIMS in Rajkot will benefit entire Saurashtra and Kutch regions said minister Saurabh Patel.
- VP Venkaiah Naidu donates a month salary of Rs. 5 lakh to Sardar Patel Memorial Trust in Gujarat
- Dy CM Nitin Patel presents report card of 3-day long Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- A day after asking them "How's the Josh," Modi responds to Bollywood bigwigs on Twitter
- Swedish Companies in Gujarat can create manifold more direct jobs if certain policy measures were taken: Consul General Ulrika Sundberg
- Actor Vivek Oberoi on stage at valedictory session of Vibrant Gujarat Summit; MoU signed with Global Studios
- Overwhelmed with emotion after visiting it: Vice President Naidu on Statue of Unity in Gujarat