Controversy erupts as Sarangpur temple dresses Hanuman murti in Santa Clause like attireDecember 30, 2018
Botad: Controversy erupted in pilgrim town Sarangpur briefly today after murti of Hanumanji in main temple was dressed in Santa Claus attire. After protest by devotees and locals, Santa lookalike dress of murti was changed.
According to Viveksagar Swami, Kothari of Sarangpur temple, the murti was dressed in winter wear sent by America based devotee Dharambhai. Dharambhai had purchased and sent Santa Claus lookalike dress in red color with white boarder. The priests who dressed the murti in this wear were unaware about Santa Claus, a character originating in western Christian faith culture.
The temple administration soon removed Santa Clause attire and dressed the murti in other winter cloths after controversy erupted and attention was led.
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit
- Development projects unveiled across the country, as PM’s vision for New India takes shape