President Ram Nath Kovind visits Somnath temple, performs pujaJanuary 01, 2019
Somnath: President Ram Nath Kovind along with his wife and daughter in third phase of their Gujarat visit on Monday reached Somnath temple and performed puja there. Kovind reached Somnath after night halt at Sasan Gir where he enjoyed folk dance performances including Sidi dhamal dance. On Monday morning, he planted a tree at Gir and later left for Somnath visit. On Sunday, Kovind had lion safari experience in Gir forest. Kovind arrived in Gujarat Friday and had taken night halt at Kutch Rann Utsav tent city.
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- GPCB orders closure of 7 industrial units for continuous violation of discharge norms
- After withdrawing MFN status to Pakistan, India raise import duty on Pakistani goods by 200%
- 2 workers of Jindal Saw Ltd's pipe making plant in Kutch of Gujarat die as melted iron falls on them
- Rs 43.28 lakh loot in Axis bank in rural Gandhinagar, looters fire gun shot at one employee
- Aansu ka pura pura jawab liya jayenga, koi kasar chhodi nahi jayengi, the world will experience new India now: PM Modi at Dhule