Gujarat govt to directly purchase renewable energy from those who produce 500KW to 4 MW of itJanuary 10, 2019
Gandhinagar:Gujarat government today announced that it would directly purchase renewable energy from those who produce 500 Kilo Watt to 4 Mega Watt of it.
Energy minister Saurabh Patel today said that Gujarat has set a target of production capacity building for 15000 MW more renewable energy in the next 3 years at an investment of Rs one lakh crore. Of this 10000 would be from Solar Energy sector and 5000 MW from wind energy.
‘The government would buy solar energy from those who produce 500 KW to 4 MW. They would be provided latest rates decided by the government. Of the wind energy almost 4000 MW would be taken from Kutch area alone and the remaining 1000 MW would be from the other parts of the state,’ he said.
Patel said that the government do an agreement for 25 years with those who sell the energy to it.
He also said that the union government was also going to set up a massive wind energy farm in the sea off Pipavav in Gujarat.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road