MoU signed for Rs. 2500 crore proposed Rajkot greenfield airport near HirasarJanuary 10, 2019
Gandhinagar: Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Government of Gujarat and Airport Authority of India today here for construction of new greenfield airport near Hirasar in Rajkot district.
According to a note issued by government, the new 2500 acre airport will have 3400 meter long and 45 meter wide runway.
The new airport will be able to host 280-seat fast aircraft such as Airbus A320-200 and Boeing B-737-900 and therefore provide better connectivity to Rajkot and the region of Saurashtra.
There shall be two taxi-way on proposed airport along with apron rapid exit taxi track, terminal building, cargo, MRO hangers etc facilities.
The airport will come up over 1033 hectare area, of which 1500 acre land will be for airport development while 250 acre land will be green zone, 525 acre area will be for city side passenger facilities while 250 acre land will be for aviation park.
While Gujarat government will offer land for the airport, the Airport Authority of India will spend Rs. 2500 crore in phase-wise manner to develop the airport.
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit
- Development projects unveiled across the country, as PM’s vision for New India takes shape