Union cabinet OKays Rajkot AIIMS for GujaratJanuary 10, 2019
New Delhi: Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has today approved setting up of All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) at Rajkot, Gujarat at a cost of Rs. 1195 crore. AIIMS at Rajkot will be set up under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)
Along with Rajkot, the union cabinet has today also approved setting up of AIIMS at Vijaynagar in Samba in Jammu and Awantipur in Pulwama in Kashmir
According to official note, Rajkot AIIMS will have medical college, Ayush block, auditorium, night shelter, guest house, hostels, residential etc facilities. 750 hospital beds at proposed Rajkot AIIMS include emergency/trauma beds, AYUSH beds, private beds, ICU specialty and super specialty beds. Rajkot AIIMS will have 100 UG (MBBS) seats and 60 B.Sc.(Nursing) seats, it will have 15-20 Super Specialty departments, around 750 beds, cater 1500 OPD patients per day and around 1000 IPD patients per month.
Union cabinet has also approved creation of one post of director for Rajkot AIIMS. Construction, operation, maintenance expenses of Rajkot AIIMS are fully funded/borne by the Centre, said a note.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road