Gujarat Hotel and Restaurant Association decides to boycott Swiggy over commission issuesJanuary 11, 2019
Ahmedabad:The Gujarat Hotel and Restaurant Association has decided to not to accept orders from well-known online food delivery app Swiggy from today due to dispute of commission.
It will continue to accept orders from other such apps like Uber Eats and Zomato.
An office bearer of the association today said that the decision was taken after a meeting of the Association with the representatives of Swiggy and Zomato in a hotel off SG highway yesterday.
He said that Swiggy was not ready to lower its commission from current 22 % despite our attempts to make them understand about the difficulties being faced by the restaurants regarding margins. ‘We can’t allow such a hefty commission as we have to bear several expenses apart from food related expenditure. We have decided to support those restaurants too in any ensuing legal battle who have a fixed tenure agreement with Swiggy. Zomato has asked us for some time and it has been granted,’ he said.
- VP Venkaiah Naidu donates a month salary of Rs. 5 lakh to Sardar Patel Memorial Trust in Gujarat
- Dy CM Nitin Patel presents report card of 3-day long Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- A day after asking them "How's the Josh," Modi responds to Bollywood bigwigs on Twitter
- Swedish Companies in Gujarat can create manifold more direct jobs if certain policy measures were taken: Consul General Ulrika Sundberg
- Actor Vivek Oberoi on stage at valedictory session of Vibrant Gujarat Summit; MoU signed with Global Studios
- Overwhelmed with emotion after visiting it: Vice President Naidu on Statue of Unity in Gujarat