Gujarat Hotel and Restaurant Association decides to boycott Swiggy over commission issuesJanuary 11, 2019
Ahmedabad:The Gujarat Hotel and Restaurant Association has decided to not to accept orders from well-known online food delivery app Swiggy from today due to dispute of commission.
It will continue to accept orders from other such apps like Uber Eats and Zomato.
An office bearer of the association today said that the decision was taken after a meeting of the Association with the representatives of Swiggy and Zomato in a hotel off SG highway yesterday.
He said that Swiggy was not ready to lower its commission from current 22 % despite our attempts to make them understand about the difficulties being faced by the restaurants regarding margins. ‘We can’t allow such a hefty commission as we have to bear several expenses apart from food related expenditure. We have decided to support those restaurants too in any ensuing legal battle who have a fixed tenure agreement with Swiggy. Zomato has asked us for some time and it has been granted,’ he said.
- Fire incident: AMC suspends BU permission of Apple Children hospital in Ahmedabad
- Police detain Hardik Patel in Surat
- Ahmedabad court asks Rahul Gandhi to appear in person on July 12
- Surat fire tragedy: Builders arrested, SMC official suspended, demolition and sealing drives continue
- Surat fire tragedy: Chief Secretary Dr. JN Singh brief media on actions taken so far
- Live: PM Narendra Modi on Gujarat visit after victory in Lok Sabha elections 2019