Rupani launches state-wide ‘Karuna Abhiyaan’ to rescue injured birds during kite flying festival UttarayanJanuary 11, 2019
Ahmedabad: With a view to rescue and save the bird sustained injuries caused by thread use for flying kites during the forthcoming ‘Kite Festival’, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani today launched state-wide ‘Karuna Abhiyaan’ (Mercy Mission) in Ahmedabad. The Karuna Abhiyaan will continue between January 10 and 20.
The Chief Minister categorically stated that under the Karuna Abhiyaan approximately 20,000-odd birds are being rescued and saved every year. In last two years, nearly 40,000 injured birds were rescued.
Rupani further stated that nearly 10,000 people at 650-odd places would participate in the bird rescue mission. Like every year, this year also the state government has started a 24×7 toll-free number 1962 for rescuing the birds. In last two years, the toll-free service had received over 180,000 calls for rescuing the birds. In addition, an ICU theater with ultramodern medial facilities has also been made operational.
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit
- Development projects unveiled across the country, as PM’s vision for New India takes shape