Congress trying hard to get Ashaben back to party fold or at least not join BJPFebruary 03, 2019
Ahmedabad/Mahesana: Congress is trying all out to get Ashaben Patel, who resigned from the party and her assembly constituency Unjha, a patidar bastion in North Gujarat district of Mahesana, agreed to not to join ruling BJP.
Highly placed sources in the party said that attempts were being made to pacify Ashaben.
‘She has resigned from the assembly and it can’t be undone but she can be taken back to the party if possible so that the damage to the party before the LS election due to her stance could be minimized. The LoP Paresh Dhanani is trying hard to keep her back with Congress,’ the sources added.
Meanwhile, on being contacted Ashaben who resigned from the party and assembly seat yesterday,’ said that she was in a meeting and would respond later.
She had in her resignation letter alleged factionalism in the party and also questioned the ability of the top leadership. She had also praised PM Narendra Modi for 10% EWS quota.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested