Rs. 231 crore paid to farmers in 6 villages of Surat district to acquire land for bullet train projectFebruary 03, 2019
Surat: District administration of Surat in Suth Gujarat has so far purchased 68 blocks in 6 villages for Rs. 231 crore for Ahmedabad – Mumbai bullet train project. The villages are Vaktana, Bonand, Goja, Timbarva, Antroli and Kholvad.
The land for bullet train project has to be acquired in 28 villages of Surat district. Farmers of 19 villages have given consent for land acquisition in exchange of compensation. On the other hand some farmers from Olpad belt of Surat district are demanding market rate instead of jantri rate for their land. They have approached the Gujarat High Court over this demand.
A meeting chaired by guardian minister Kaushik Patel who is also Revenue minister of state was held in which district collector Dhaval Patel shared above details.
Patel met with some of affected farmers and heard them over their demands such as road in TP, more FSI etc.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested