Two Pakistani fishermen held with boat by BSF in Kutch creekFebruary 06, 2019
Bhuj: India’s Border Security Force (BSF) today in a special operation using speed boats apprehended two Pakistani fishermen and seized their boat in Vainwari creek area of Kutch district near the Indo-Pak border for allegedly entering the Indian territory, officials said.
The apprehended Pakistani fishermen have been identified as Suganjo Usman (35) and Rajan Laden (15), both residents of Chhach village of Sindh province of the neighboring country, the BSF release added.
The duo allegedly entered the Indian territory in their boat to catch fish.
A BSF patrol team had last month found an abandoned Pak fishing boat from the same creek.
Several abandoned boats as well as Pakistani fishermen had been caught in the past while fishing in the Indian side of the the creek area.
Given the sensitive nature of the area, even Indian fishermen are barred from catching fish in the creek. However, Pakistani fishermen often venture into Indian waters to catch fish, especially prawns, and then sail off to their side.
- Ahmedabad Crime Branch quiz Teesta and Javed in fund embezzlement case
- 2 more Swine flu deaths today, 89 new cases with maximum 40 in Ahmedabad city
- In pictures: Gujarat reacts to Pulwama terror attack
- ACB nabs district Panchayat clerk taking bribe of Rs 78000 from contractor
- Lion found dead in Gir forest in Gujarat
- Jio tops 4G download speed chart in Jan: Trai