Union Cabinet approves setting up of Rashtriya Kamdhenu AayogFebruary 06, 2019
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for establishment of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for Conservation protection and development of cows and their progeny.
The setting up of RashtriyaKamdhenuAayogwill lead to conservation, protection and development of cattle population in the country including development and conservation of indigenous breeds.
It will result in increased growth of livestock sector which is more inclusive, benefitting women, and small and marginal farmers.
The RashtriyaKamdhenuAayogwill work in collaboration with Veterinary, Animal Sciences or Agriculture University or departments or organizations of the Central/State Government engaged in the task of research in the field of breeding and rearing of cow, organic manure, biogas etc.
The creation of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for the conservation, protection and development of cows and their progeny will provide the policy framework and direction to the cow conservation and development programmes in the country and for ensuring proper implementation of laws with respect to the welfare of cows. It is in pursuance of the announcement of setting up of the Aayog in the Union Budget 2019-20.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Thakor file nomination as BJP candidates on two RS seats of Gujarat for bye-poll, win certain
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat
- Heavy rain warning for South Gujarat tomorrow
- Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announced
- Gujarat HC issues notices to Alpesh, assembly speaker on Congress' plea seeking his dismissal from MLA post
- Monsoon likely to hit Gujarat in next 48 hours, fairly widespread rain expected in all areas except Saurashtra: Met Director Sarkar