Union Cabinet approves setting up of Rashtriya Kamdhenu AayogFebruary 06, 2019
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for establishment of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for Conservation protection and development of cows and their progeny.
The setting up of RashtriyaKamdhenuAayogwill lead to conservation, protection and development of cattle population in the country including development and conservation of indigenous breeds.
It will result in increased growth of livestock sector which is more inclusive, benefitting women, and small and marginal farmers.
The RashtriyaKamdhenuAayogwill work in collaboration with Veterinary, Animal Sciences or Agriculture University or departments or organizations of the Central/State Government engaged in the task of research in the field of breeding and rearing of cow, organic manure, biogas etc.
The creation of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for the conservation, protection and development of cows and their progeny will provide the policy framework and direction to the cow conservation and development programmes in the country and for ensuring proper implementation of laws with respect to the welfare of cows. It is in pursuance of the announcement of setting up of the Aayog in the Union Budget 2019-20.
- Ahmedabad Crime Branch quiz Teesta and Javed in fund embezzlement case
- 2 more Swine flu deaths today, 89 new cases with maximum 40 in Ahmedabad city
- In pictures: Gujarat reacts to Pulwama terror attack
- ACB nabs district Panchayat clerk taking bribe of Rs 78000 from contractor
- Lion found dead in Gir forest in Gujarat
- Jio tops 4G download speed chart in Jan: Trai