Timely detection of 4 inch gap in railway track on Surat-Mumbai mainline averts major accidentFebruary 09, 2019
Surat: A major accident was today averted on the Surat-Mumbai main rail section due to timely detection of a track of sort in the track near Sanjana close to Umergam railway station in Valsad district of South Gujarat.
A railway official said that a railway employee saw an around 4 inches gap in the track close to a joint.
It informed this immediately and it was repaired.
He said that had it not been noticed and rectified in time possibility of derailment of coaches of the trains crossing on the track could not be ruled out.
- Two die in mysterious blast during digging in go-down premises in Ahmedabad
- Five of a racket which duped people in the name of providing job in railways, nabbed in Vadodara
- Rajya Sabha election case: Ahmed Patel remained present in Gujarat HC with counsel P Chidambaram for cross examination
- Deputy Sarpanch murder case: 8 accused nabbed
- Gir lions death issue: Amicus Curiae Hemang shah submits suggestion brief in the High Court
- Good news for Gujarat, monsoon likely to make entry on June 23 or 24