Timely detection of 4 inch gap in railway track on Surat-Mumbai mainline averts major accidentFebruary 09, 2019
Surat: A major accident was today averted on the Surat-Mumbai main rail section due to timely detection of a track of sort in the track near Sanjana close to Umergam railway station in Valsad district of South Gujarat.
A railway official said that a railway employee saw an around 4 inches gap in the track close to a joint.
It informed this immediately and it was repaired.
He said that had it not been noticed and rectified in time possibility of derailment of coaches of the trains crossing on the track could not be ruled out.
- Ahmedabad Crime Branch quiz Teesta and Javed in fund embezzlement case
- 2 more Swine flu deaths today, 89 new cases with maximum 40 in Ahmedabad city
- In pictures: Gujarat reacts to Pulwama terror attack
- ACB nabs district Panchayat clerk taking bribe of Rs 78000 from contractor
- Lion found dead in Gir forest in Gujarat
- Jio tops 4G download speed chart in Jan: Trai