Meaning of Abhinandan will change now: PMMarch 02, 2019
New Delhi: “Abhinandan” used to mean congratulations, but its meaning will change now, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Saturday referring to the IAF pilot released by Pakistan and the air strike carried out by India in Pakistan.
The world takes note of what India does and the nation has the power to “change dictionary meanings”, Modi said at a housing ministry event here.
“Take it for fact, the world watches carefully what India does… The country has the strength to change the meaning of words in the dictionary.
“Abhinandan once used to mean congratulations in English. And now the meaning of Abhinandan will change. This is the strength of this country,” he said amid applause by the audience.
He said the country has to move ahead with “valour”.
Soon after the pilot was released, Modi had tweeted, “Welcome Home Wing Commander Abhinandan! The nation is proud of your exemplary courage.
- Gujarat govt. paid Rs. 9700 crore to farmers in 3 years on MSP purchases: Rupani
- Shankar Chaudhary announces 11.10% price difference worth Rs. 671.71 crore to milk producers in Banas Dairy AGM
- ACB nabs ASI red handed taking bribe in police station in Gujarat
- Cyclone VAYU to take a recurve towards Gujarat tonight
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral